WE DO SAFETY RIGHT
Employees are our most valuable asset, and we are dedicated to protecting their safety and health. Compliance with the requirements of regulatory agencies is secondary to ensuring that our employees return safely home from work each day, in good health. At Hanover Iron safety is a top priority.
An effective safety program must have the endorsement of upper management and the involvement and commitment of all employees. Our leadership team knows that performing a job safely is as important as meeting a deadline, providing a quality product, and delivering a profitable project. A safe workplace leads to greater productivity, quality craftsmanship, and business success. Our employees take responsibility for safety by following safe practices on and off the jobsite and by watching out for each other through the promotion of safe and healthy practices.
The Hanover Iron Works Safety Program promotes the policies and procedures we’ve developed to assist employees in minimizing the risks inherent in our work. The objective of the program is to establish a culture of safety awareness throughout the organization and among all employees. To meet this objective, all levels of our organization work together to identify, evaluate, and eliminate the hazards facing our employees.
- Pre-construction safety planning sessions
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid training
- Job site safety orientation
- Accident reporting and investigation procedures
- Mandatory weekly job site toolbox talks
- Safety orientation and training required for every new hire
- Job safety analysis procedures
- Pre-employment, post-accident, reasonable suspicion drug testing
- Formal safety audits and reporting
- 30-hour OSHA training for all Field Foreman
- 10-hour OSHA training for all laborers
- Classroom training for safe equipment usage (Material handlers, scissor lifts, all terrain manlifts, etc.)